But will the tough diplomatic actions be sufficient to deal because of the evolving scenario? More to the point, whilst the nation gets to election mode, does it match the domestic market? A whole lot relies on how a Congress relates to the situation—and just how it really is seen become doing it. For, there’s always the threat of the ‘Italian connection’ remaining a perpetual handle in the hands of their detractors.
Catch Me Personally Whenever You Can.
- February 19 Two Italian marines, Massimiliano Latorre and Salvatore Girone, arrested and produced at a regional court in Kerala and faced with murder
- March 4 Italians provided 2 weeks judicial remand and delivered to Thiruvananthapuram jail that is central
- March 21 Congress wins byelections that are crucial the Piravom constituency, boosting UDF govt’s slender margin within the installation
- 2 The marines are released after 105 days in custody with strict assurance from Italian govt that they will remain in India june
- 4 Italy files petition before Supreme Court of India seeking to quash proceedings in Kerala september. Harish Salve seems for Italy.
- 20 Kerala High Court allows the two marines to go home for Christmas for two weeks despite government opposition to it december.
- January 4, 2013 The marines go back to Kochi after X’mas vacation, sooner than planned, surrender their passports and search ahead of the court that is local
- 18 SC dismisses Italy plea that India has no jurisdiction over the case but also rules that Kerala does not have authority over it january
- 22 SC allows marines to go to Italy to cast votes for elections after pledge by Italian ambassador that they will return after four weeks february
- March 11 Italian foreign ministry declares that the marines won’t come back to Asia for test.